As someone who is in the “hiring” game, I’m often contacted by people who want to “get in the pharma industry.” I advise people, especially those who have no pharma experience, to get with someone who is in the industry and pick their brains. The first step, I tell them, is to discover whether or not they will even like the position, and talking to someone in the industry is a great first step. When talking to someone with NO sales experience, I tell them to get experience selling SOMETHING! You need to get around people doing what you want to do to so you’ll know if it’s a good fit for you.
In driving around for my job, I began listening to Ken Coleman’s show on XM Radio. I’ve heard Ken talking about the Proximity Principle, which is his new book calling out steps to find your dream job. The concept is perfectly aligned with my thoughts: “To do what I want to do I have to be around the people that are doing it and the places it is happening.” His advice is on target, so you should really take a moment to listen to it’s concepts!!
Calling all job hunters, career changers and college grads! Feel like the career you want is just too far out of reach? You’ve got the tools—you just need the manual that will get you closer.
You’re not alone. 70% of Americans are unhappy with their jobs. You want more than a nine-to-five J-O-B. You want to know why it’s so hard to find work you actually enjoy. Author and career expert Ken Coleman hears these same questions from callers on The Ken Coleman Show:
- Is it too late to start over?
- Even if it’s not too late, what if I try and fail?
- What will my family and friends think if I try something new?
- Is my dream career even possible for me?
The mind-set and skill set Ken acquired early in his career—and shares daily with his radio listeners—is now a proven strategy that can work for you too. Ken Coleman will guide you toward the people and places you need to be closer to in order to succeed in getting a job you love.
The Proximity Principle demystifies the questions about who you need to know and where you need to be in order to find new opportunities.
When it comes to People, you’ll learn:
- How to build relationships with qualified experts (and where to find them)
- How to connect with professionals and learn from them as a resource
- How to pursue a constructive and meaningful mentorship
- What types of peers you need to surround yourself with (and who to avoid)
- How to find companies and organizations that will help you continue to grow
When it comes to Places, you’ll discover:
- The exact distance between where you are right now and where your dream job is
- Where to go in order to get the skill set and education you need to succeed
- The best location for you to soak up as much experience as possible
- The places where you can start applying the skills you’ve learned
- Most importantly, the exact place where you can grow and do work that matters
Break free from boring and land your dream job with The Proximity Principle.